Our knowledgeable experts can review, advise on, prepare and submit professional plans including in 3-D for planning applications for all forms of household and development projects including extensions, loft conversions, boundary structures, outbuildings, HMO’s, change of use, flat conversions, and new dwellings. We can also advise you whether a revised application with suitable revisions and planning policy compliance may be able to overcome the authority’s reasons for refusal.

Planning Appeal London specialises in all types of planning applications including:

  • Householder front, side or rear extensions whether single or double storey
  • Prior approval applications under permitted development rights
  • Certificates of Lawful Development existing or proposed
  • Full Planning for new build infill or garden backland dwellings on small sites
  • Change of use from retail to residential
  • Extensions or alterations to non-residential properties
  • Advertisement approval and shop front alterations

Extending your home if you can’t or don’t want to move up the housing ladder is an effective alternative solution to your space demands. A home extension or alteration can provide additional living, kitchen or bedroom space for a growing family while adding value to your home without incurring moving costs, stamp duty and solicitor fees!

Planning Appeal London is experienced in preparing plans and drawings on your behalf for householder planning applications in all boroughs of London. We are familiar with local, regional and national policies and deal with applications throughout London especially in Redbridge, Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Ealing, Barnet, Brent, Hillingdon, Harrow, Hounslow, Sutton, Merton, Lambeth, Bexley, and Greenwich

We can advise and assist you in preparing plans for all types of home extensions or alterations, loft conversions with dormers or outbuildings (for use as office, storage, studio or gym) at the rear of your garden. We are also experienced in new build infill dwelling applications such as on garage spaces or side gardens at the end of terraces. In addition to plans and drawings, we prepare a planning statement stating the policy context to support the application.

Most householder applications are covered under permitted development legislation and regulations thereby necessitating either prior approval or a confirmation by way of an application for a certificate of lawful development. Since May 2019, the Government has legislated for ‘larger home extension’ under permitted development rights to become permanent subject only to prior approval notice to the neighbours. If the neighbours do not object then the local planning authority confirms that the development is permitted; if any neighbour objects then the authority assesses the impact of the proposal on the loss of privacy, light or overlooking of all the neighbours and if satisfied will grant permission. If refused, then the applicant has a right to appeal to the planning inspectorate for a second opinion.

Planning Appeal London take away all the hassle and headache from you and we handle everything from design, drawing, application submission to liaising on your behalf with the local authority until issuance of decision.

For further advice and guidance and how Planning Appeal London may be able to assist, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss further with a free initial consultation.

We can assist you in preparing applications for prior approval under the General Permitted Development Order (GPDO) 2015, including:

  • Class A larger home extensions (extensions of up to 6m or, for detached, 8m deep)
  • Class O change of use of office to residential
  • Change of use from a shop to financial and professional services.
  • Change of use from a shop or financial and professional services to residential (subject to maximum floor space provision) and the building operations reasonably necessary to convert the building to residential use.
  • Change of use from an agricultural building to residential and the building operations reasonably necessary to convert the building to residential use.